RF Explorer 3G+ IoT Shield for Arduino
What is RF Explorer IoT products?
RF Explorer 3G+ IoT modules are ready to use, advanced Spectrum Analyzer devices you can configure and control any way you want, from an Arduino, Raspberry Pi, or any other programming platform.
These modules are cost-effective platforms to develop your own customized Spectrum Analyzer, Power Detector, RF activity alarm, RF sniffer, RF QA test bench, etc.
Programmability and network capabilities of the hosting platform enables remote control and diagnosis scenarios, fully automated RF alarm systems, advanced assistance for unattended detection requirements such as those of radio operators, cell towers and HAM stations.
Compatible with MULTIPLE!
RF Explorer 3G+ IoT boards are delivered in two modes configuration modes:
- Raspberry Pi
- Arduino and compatible boards (3.0 – 3.3V only)
We recommend Raspberry Pi mode for advanced usage and more powerful libraries, and Arduino for simpler, non-Linux software libraries related development.
For best flexibility, these two boards can be easily re-converted between modes by soldering a required connector:
Raspberry Pi Hat can be converted to Arduino Shield by soldering standard 0.1” male headers to the PCB
Arduino Shield can be converted to Raspberry Pi Hat by soldering a 13x2 0.1” female header to the PCB
Designed in this way, it is easy to reconvert the board to a different hosting platform with no extra cost if you have different needs down the road.
Furthermore, other platforms such as BeagleBone, Chip, Chipkit, Teensy all them can easily control a RF Explorer 3G+ IoT by manually connecting to a standard UART port.
- Design and customize your own Spectrum Analyzer, RF Detector, RF Sniffer, etc
- Open source design, open source libraries and examples
- Supported by all Arduino and Seeeduino 3.3V boards.
- Suggested platforms:
- Arduino DUE (best performance)
- Seeeduino (lower cost and size)
- IMPORTANT: Do not use on 5V Arduino boards or will damage the IoT Shield
- Flexible board: can be connected to a Raspberry Pi by soldering a compatible female header
- Recommend to select SMA antennas for specific application
- For future firmware upgrades, or if you are using a small form-factor Arduino and want UART connection to PC - you should get a USB CP2102.
- 1 x RF Explorer 3G+ IoT shield for Arduino