It has been designed to be used equally well outdoor and indoor, and can be connected to a PC for extra functionality using standard mini-USB 2.0 connector.
This model includes a 6G baseline unit plus an RFEM24G Expansion Module conveniently assembled and tested. It comes with two SMA connectors and two antennas: a rubber duck 5.8 GHz and a whip helical for 2.4GHz band. Additional, specific band antennas may be needed to cover efficiently some of the frequencies supported.
The combination of these two models offer coverage for most used communication frequency range used in modern communication technologies including WiFi, Bluetooth, Wireless Audio and Video, 5GHz ISM, etc.
- Pocket size and light weight
- Solid aluminum metal case
- Includes a transport EVA carry case for RF Explorer
- Spectrum Analyzer mode with Peak Max and Hold, Normal, Overwrite and Averaging modes
- Lifetime free firmware upgrades available, open to community requested features
- High capacity Lipo for 16hs+ of continuous run, rechargeable by USB
- Windows PC client Open Source
- Wide band coverage to all popular RF ISM frequencies, starting at 2350MHz and going up to 2550MHz, as well as 4850-6100MHz.
- Firmware: RF Explorer WiFi Combo is delivered with upgraded firmware v1.12. Note some of the features and operation accuracy will be improved in upcoming lifetime free firmware revisions.
- Frequency band: 2350-2550 MHz and 4850-6100 MHz
- Frequency span: 2-600Mhz
- Graphics LCD 128x64 pixels, great visibility outdoors
- PC Windows client supports Windows XP/Vista/Win7 both 32 and 64bits
- Backlight for great indoor visibility
- 2 standard SMA 50 ohms Spectrum Analyzer connectors:
- Left SMA port (6G): 4850-6100MHz
- Right SMA port (2.4G): 2350-2550 MHz
- Amplitude resolution: 0.5dBm
- Dynamic range: -105dBm to -15dBm
- Absolute Max input power:
- Left SMA port (6G): +25dBm
- Right SMA port (2.4G): +5dBm
- Average noise level (typical): -105dBm
- RF Generator amplitude: -30dBm to +1dBm (Right SMA port only)
- RF Generator frequency: 2350-2550MHz (Right SMA port only)
- Frequency stability and accuracy (typical):
- Left SMA port (6G): +-0.5ppm
- Right SMA port (2.4G): +-10ppm
- Amplitude stability and accuracy (typical): +-3dBm
- Frequency resolution: 1Khz
- Resolution bandwidth (RBW): automatic 58Khz to 812Khz
- Size: 113x70x25 mm