Available Now! Face Masks for Sale made with High-Contents of Silver
The year 2020 is unforgettable and so unpredictable, to say the least, the world population has been hit with the highly infectious and contagious SARS-CoV-2 virus (commonly known as COVID-19) and wearing face masks has become an essential part of our everyday lives. Governments around the world are enforcing face masks laws and mandating the population to wear one in public places.
EMR Shielding Solutions is a company that likes to stay on top of current events and trends. Today, we are thrilled to announce that we have face masks for sale that are made with high-content and high-quality silver to our customers. Not only do these face masks have EMF protective capabilities but also have antibacterial functionalities!
What is Silver?
Silver is a chemical element, a metal valued for its beauty and electrical conductivity, and known as a precious metal because of its scarcity, malleability, ductility, and resistance to oxidation.
What benefits does Silver have?
Silver is considered to be antimicrobial which means it can resist the growth of microbes.
‘Antimicrobial’ is simply the term used to describe something that can resist the growth of microbes. Microbes can be a range of organisms including bacteria, molds, fungi, and many others.
Furthermore, scientists found that silver interrupts the bacteria cell’s ability to form chemical bonds for survival. These bonds are essential for the production of the cell’s physical structure so when bacteria meet silver, it falls apart. It was found that out of all the metals combined, silver has the most effective antibacterial ability and the least toxicity to animal cells (Guggenbichler et al., 1999).
A Brief Explanation on Using Silver in the Medical and Textile Industry
Silver has a long history of being used in hospitals and medical settings because it helps to treat burned victims with their wounds, destroy pathogenic microbes on catheters, and combat “bugs” that don't respond to traditional antibiotic drugs.
Popular athletic brands have been incorporating silver into their materials when they are manufacturing their products because silver is known to combat bacteria, and microbes so it helps to control odour. A study was conducted to see how effective silver contained garments are even after washing, it was found that after washing the garment, the garments still retained their antimicrobial effect even if the metal concentration was low.
EMR Shielding Solutions Face Masks
EMR Shielding Solutions’ silver products are plated with 99.9% pure silver which have been tested according to OEKO TEX® standards, currently, we sell Face Masks that are made with 99% pure silver with a double-layered face mask with filter made out of Silverjersey Modal, that have a tighter fit on the face, covering your nose and chin closely without cutting into the skin. These masks are anti-bacterial, anti-odour, has anti-static qualities, regulates skin temperature, and skin irritations as well. It is flexible, soft, durable, and easy to breathe through.
Disclaimer: This product is not medical-grade and is not intended for use by medical professionals or as a replacement for medical-grade personal protective equipment or other recommended measures.
Very soon, we will also be selling another type of face mask with filter pockets that will have two layers, one with pure silver in the inner layer, with the outer layer or in-between layer made with copper due to its high release of ions.
The great thing about these masks is that not only do they kill bacteria and microbes but also reduce EMF radiation, so it's considered as a type of EMF face masks.
A Little Background Information on Copper
According to the website ScienceDaily, copper can prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, which are linked to severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and the Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS). From the same study, researchers found that the coronavirus can remain infectious on common surface materials for several days, but is rapidly destroyed on copper.
The coronavirus when landed on copper or copper alloys gets rapidly inactivated (within minutes). It seemed that after exposure to copper, it destroyed the virus completely and irreversibly. In this study, the scientists believe that having copper metals on surfaces may reduce the spread of respiratory viruses. (Sources: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/11/151110102147.htm)
Therefore, by having an extra layer of copper materials in our face masks, it will further reduce the chance of respiratory viruses entering our lungs. However, it is very important to note that the reason why copper is used on the outer layer of our masks is that you need to protect your mouth as the copper ion release is very high and are not recommended to be used on the skin permanently, so having that extra layer of silver in the inner layer of a mask is important.
Other Products that Contain High-Silver Content
Besides the new EMF protection face masks that are available, we also sell a variety of products that contain silver material.
- The WOREMOR Med-tex P130 X is a silver-plated knitted fabric for HF+LF shielding. A typical application is a base material for antibacterial/fungicidal products
- The WOREMOR Köln X is a conductive non-woven fabric for HF+LF shielding containing non plated copper and a protective coating. It is used as the base material for EMI/RFI gaskets, EMI/RFI garments, conductive fabric tape, and EMI/RFI cable shielding.
- HF+LF - Silver Elastic Shielding Fabric: SILVER-ELASTIC is a compact, full silvered spandex fabric for HF+LF shielding. Typical application to sew articles of clothing.
- WOREMOR EMF Protection Bandanna: This bandanna covers your head and back of the neck, and stays in place thanks to the two straps that tie in the back. This product contains silver elastic that is very flexible and perfectly adapts to the shape of your head. Due to the high content of silver, Silver-Elastic is very durable and has an excellent attenuation of 50 dB. This material protects you from both high and low-frequency radiation.
- You can also use a shielding fabric that contains strong silver to protect against high-frequency (HF) and low-frequency (LF). Usually, this fabric can be used as a curtain, as a room divider in laboratories and medical practices, etc. The Silver Tulle is contactable meaning it is groundable to shield from EMF. e This fabric texture is easy to wash and doesn’t lose any screening attenuation during washing.
Based in Toronto, EMR Shielding Solutions specializes in materials for shielding against EMF and RF radiation. We also offer many different meters, spectrum analyzers, and measuring equipment for detecting these electromagnetic fields in both high and low frequencies.
Visit: https://www.emrss.com/ for more information on our EMF shielding products & materials.
Leave a comment