We first produced a powder paint in 2003, but liquid paints become the established ones. The reason for this was the low performance of an electric screwdriver which was not sufficient for the ingredients that needed to be dispersed – in our production we need more than 100,000 Watt for a professional result. After a longer development time we have now found the perfect formula for powdered shielding paints.
Special characteristics DRY54:
- This powder shielding paint stays nearly as liquid as water while mixing – the dust formation is extremely limited, as the powder blends immediately with the water. The paint becomes thicker after 15 minutes resting time – it can be perfectly painted with afterwards and you will get a nice flow for an even shielding.
- The phenomenal price-performance-ratio is achieved, as the DRY54 only costs half as much as our liquid paints. That is why you can paint two times for the same costs.
The powder gets bagged and then vacuum-packed three times. Vacuum-packed into one another, using three bags – that is why no moisture will get into the powder, even years later.
- The powder needs to be mixed with water - what you will need to do so: Digital scales, protective mask, safety glasses, our paint stirrer AR42, a bucket for mixing, a drilling machine (electric screwdriver) and 15-30 minutes of your time.
General advantages of powder paints:
- Has a very long shelf life without water
- No preservatives necessary
- Reduced risk of frost damages
- 50-80 % less plastic waste
- Less delivery costs (up to 60 %)
- More security during transit in case of packaging damages
- Small partial quantities can be taken out of the bag for necessary repair works
At a yield of 4 sqm/l:
At 1 GHz: Single layer 36 dB | Double layer 41 dB | Three layer 46 dB
At a yield of 8 sqm/l:
At 1 GHz: Single layer 30 dB | Double layer 36 dB | Three layer 40 dB
Must be grounded! We recommend interior the grounding strap GSX plus grounding plate GS / GF, exterior the fiber additive AF3 plus the grounding plate GF4.
This product is delivered as a powder and thus frost resistant.
Untreated natural graphite, carbon black, pure acrylics powder, additives, no preservative agent.
Please refer to our Return Policy for EMF Shielding Paint
Technical Data Sheet
Our shielding paints are developed in accordance with strict ecological criteria. We use, for example, the carbon black with the lowest emission possible on the market and untreated natural graphite. We consciously do not use graphene, a nanomaterial where the hazard potential is still completely unknown.
We have our shielding paints monitored by TÜV-SÜD. The whole production process including quality control, emission behavior and economical use of preserving agents is subject to monitoring. Please find the certificate above at the downloads.
This product with an electrically conductive surface has to be integrated into the functional-equipotential bonding (FEB). Please find suitable grounding accessories under "Grounding".
Shielding attenuation HF & LF
This product shields high frequency electromagnetic fields (HF). Unless otherwise stated, the indicated dB-values apply to 1 GHz. Measurement from 600 MHz to 40 GHz according to standards ASTM D4935-10 or IEEE Std 299-2006.
This product with an electrically conductive surface shields low-frequency alternating electric fields (LF).
Laboratory & expert report of shielding attenuation up to 40 GHz
We have already invested in our own professional EMV laboratory years ago. We not only use it to create our laboratory screening reports but also to check each batch daily. Additionally, we have all our products checked by an independent, well-respected expert. Double checked for twice the safety. Please find the reports above at the downloads.
Ready for 5G
Find two gray bars in all shielding diagrams with the 5G frequency spectrums FR1 (600 MHz – 6GHz) and FR2 (24 GHz – 40 GHz).