RF Explorer Signal Generator Expansion adds major improvement to the standard RF Explorer RFE6GEN Generator. The new generator expansion board includes important functions requested by our most demanding customers. By adding this expansion board the RFE6GEN becomes an RF Explorer Signal Generator COMBO.
The new Expansion product extends the RFE6GEN to include harmonic filtering, high-performance amplifiers for higher output power, fine amplitude adjustment and support for frequencies as low as 100KHz covering up to 6GHz with no gaps.
See below comparison of a 25MHz signal generated with new improved RF Explorer Signal Generator Expansion (in red) and a signal generated with standard unfiltered RF Explorer RFE6GEN (blue). The new Generator Combo offers a perfect sinusoid filtered signal as opposed to the squarish unfiltered signal from RFE6GEN.
Please note that you need to order the top cover SKU 114991543 for correct assembly of the new expansion board. This is a separated accessory.
- Compatible with RF Explorer RFE6GEN Signal Generator to be converted into an RF Explorer Signal Generator Combo
- RF Explorer for Windows free software for CW, Sweep and Tracking SNA control
- Automation libraries available in Python and .NET, free USB API for any programming language
- Wideband support, very stable CW signal output
- Fine amplitude adjustment 0.25dB
- High output power up to +18dBm
- Optional recalibration procedure available upon request
- Frequency range supported: 100KHz to 6000 MHz
- Calibrated Amplitude range: -40 to +10dBm
- Uncalibrated extended Amplitude range: -60 to +18dBm
- Amplitude step/resolution: 0.25dB over calibrated range
- Amplitude accuracy (typical): +/-2dB in most frequency and power ranges
- Frequency step/resolution: 1KHz
- Frequency stability: 0.5ppm
- Temperature compensated (0-45C)
- Backlight for great indoor visibility and high contrast LCD for outdoor visibility
- Standard SMA 50 ohms connector
- Spurs: Internal fractional PLL configuration in some cases create spurs typically -50dBc or less.
- Harmonics: typical values range about -40dBc for 2nd harmonic, -50dBc for third and higher harmonics.
- Switch measurement point speed < 10ms
- Graphics LCD 128x64 pixels, great visibility outdoors
- PC Windows client supports Windows XP/Vista/Win7 both 32 and 64bits
- Functional modes:
- CW signal generator at any frequency in the range
- Tracking generator functionality working together with RF Explorer Spectrum Analyzer when connected to the same PC
- Sweep generator between any to frequencies in the range, with selectable step size and speed
- CE / FCC / RoHS compliant