How do I reduce my Laptop EMF Radiation?
Therefore, we are constantly exposed to the EMF emitted from our laptops and desktops, in this blog, we will discuss how to reduce our exposure to EMF from our laptops, the types of electromagnetic fields emitted from a laptop, and the dangers a laptop can have on our health.
History of Laptops
A laptop is a small personal computer with a thin LCD or LED computer found on the inside of the “opening” lid and a keyboard on the inside of the lower lid that allows us to type.
In order to use the laptop, you will need to open the upper lid, when you are not using it, you may shut down the upper lid and carry it elsewhere. The name “laptop” came from the word lap because it is placed on the lap when you are using the device.
Laptops use radio frequency (RF) energy because it connects wirelessly to Wi-Fi. In 2011, the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), a part of the World Health Organization has stated that radiofrequency is “possibly carcinogenic to humans”(Sources: Laptop Radiation).
Among all electronic devices, laptops are one of the highest sources of EMF as the bottom of the laptop releases low-frequency magnetic field radiations, some modules can get as high as 40-100 milligauss, which is in our opinion 40 to 100 times higher than EMF safety levels.
The EMF coming from high-tension power lines has been proven to increase the chances of Leukemia cases in children, and the range of these power lines are between 10-70 milligauss.
To reduce the impact of radiation exposure on our body, the Federal Communication Commission (a legislative body of the US government) has recommended maintaining a minimum distance of 20 cm between the laptop and the user.
Why does your Laptop emit EMF?
The laptop has different components and each component emits EMF.
Most of the low frequency magnetic and electric fields are generated for components such as the power supply, battery, and screen. In recent years with the advanced technology, these components emit a lower low-frequency (LF) EMF than it used to. As per our knowledge, new laptops emit between 5-20 mG. The underside has higher levels of magnetic fields. The high-frequency EMF is mostly emitted from the Bluetooth and the Wi-Fi modules. In contrast to the low frequency, the high-frequency (HF) radiation from the laptop is much higher than before. As Bluetooth and Wi-Fi were introduced and utilized in the current technologies, we have a much higher high-frequency RF level.
Tips on Reducing EMF emitted from Laptop
In our opinion, based on our experience and knowledge, here are some useful tips one can use to reduce EMF emitted from Laptop:
- Turn off your Wi-Fi connection if you don’t need to connect to the internet while you are using your laptop. Always try to use your Ethernet connection.
- If you don’t need to use your laptop, turn it off completely, don’t just close the lid
- Never lay the laptop on your thighs unless you have a protection pad, because the low frequency magnetic and the RF signal will transmit directly to your body.
- If you are watching movies or long videos, it is best to download it and use the laptop offline.
- In case you have a device that does not have an Ethernet connection such as MacBook, you can purchase an Ethernet adapter.
Laptop EMF Radiation Protection
We are exposed to many different sources of EMF (electromagnetic fields) radiation in our day to day lives, such as cell phones, tablets, computers, cell towers, smart meters, power lines or Wi-Fi signals. Although this radiation is invisible, tasteless, and odorless, it can nonetheless have serious health consequences with frequent and continuous exposure. Numerous scientific studies have linked overexposure to EMR with sterility in men, damage to fetuses in pregnant women, and the development of various cancers.
At EMR Shielding Solutions, we are dedicated to providing you and your family with the most ideal laptop EMF shielding solutions that are the right fit for your concerns.
Therefore, we recommend the following shielding solutions to reduce your laptop radiations:
- The WOREMOR EMF Lap Desk is designed to be simple and functional. It effectively blocks radiation from laptops and keeps Radio Frequency (RF) emissions safely away from your body. The hardtop makes it perfect for use with laptops, tablets and helps keep laptops cool by allowing the laptop’s fans to circulate air. It comes complete with a cup holder.
- The Radiation Laptop Tray is a specialized radiation shield that reduces harmful EMF radiation emitted by your laptop. As independent tests made by certified laboratories around the world have proved, this laptop tray blocks both Low Frequency (LF) as well as Radio Frequency (RF) Electromagnetic Radiation (EMR) emissions.
- The Lap blanket is created from specialized materials designed to protect us from absorbing harmful radiation emitted from laptops and is custom-sewn to prevent any gaps which the EMR may slip through.
Based in Toronto, EMR Shielding Solutions specializes in materials for shielding against EMF and RF radiation. We also offer many different meters, spectrum analyzers, and measuring equipment for detecting these electromagnetic fields in both high and low frequencies.
Visit: https://www.emrss.com/ for more information on our EMF shielding products & materials.
Please refer to: https://www.emrss.com/pages/website-disclaimer for our website disclaimer