This small and powerful Gaussmeter measures the strength and polarity of magnetic fields up to 19,999.9 Gauss! The sensor can easily fit in a .060 inch (1.5 mm) gap and is at the end of a 100 cm flexible cable. The sensor end can be bent if required to accommodate different situations. Place the sensor on a magnet face to measure the field. With a resolution of 0.1 Gauss, it can measure any tiny variation from magnet to magnet or it can detect if a given magnet has lost even a little strength. Bend the sensor in to a “L” to measure inside a DC solenoid tube. The 5 ½ digit display requires neither auto nor manual range change, making it easier to use than older style 3 ½ or 4 ½ digit meters. Immediately starting reading fields (updates 4 times per second) as soon as you turn on your meter! No extra set up is required.
- High dynamic range 5 ½ digit display reads even the strongest magnets with .1 Gauss resolution, including polarity.
- Turns on instantly, updates four times a second, no setup or initial calibration required.
- Auto-Zero (subtracts the present field from subsequent readings); also a fine offset control.
- Offset range is the full +/- 19,999.99 Gauss.
- 1% accuracy at room temperature, including probe.
- Probe and battery included.
- CE Compliant.
- Measures permanent magnets. (Maximum field of magnets is about 15,000, which occurs only with rare-earth magnets in a gap configuration.)
- High resolution of 0.1 gauss over the entire range of +19,999.9 to -19,999.9 gauss allows detection of any variation in field from a magnet.
- Measures inside DC Solenoids (probe is bent into “L” shape to measure this).
- Sufficient resolution to map fields far from magnets.